Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Feeling productive

I feel rejuvenated in my new found "productiveness". And I think I am creating a monster with my 4 year old. OK – not a monster – but a little clean freak 

She woke up yesterday morning – looked at me – got out of bed – quickly made her bed and gave me a kiss and told me she loved me. How cute is that! Then we decided to tackle the pantry. My husband took our 2 year old and went to Home Depot so we could start our bedroom. And I put the baby in the swing to watch us. She was such a big help! She put all the plastic silverware where it should be – and I gave her things to go upstairs in the linen closet (No need to keep toothpaste and bar soap downstairs when we use them upstairs). So when the closet was all done (One box of donations and one bag of garbage later), we marveled at it.

I told her to get her PJ’s on – When she was coming downstairs I asked her (which I have never done before), if she put her clothes in the dirty clothes basket. “Of course”. So when she was down stairs – I ran upstairs. All the items that I gave her were lined up nice and neat – in a straight line against the wall. Her bedroom – spotless with her dirty clothes in the hamper. Train them young – right.

Then – when the kids were in bed – my dear husband and I tackled our bedroom. We got 1 coat of paint on 3 of our walls. It looks great! We need to order our furniture and pick out a bedspread. Very excited for it to be done.

Pretty productive for a Monday. I am thinking of taking a night off (letting my husband put on the 2nd coat of paint), and going to a yoga class.

No comments:

Post a Comment