Thursday, April 29, 2010

Being a mother is hard!

I knew being a mother was not going to be easy – but I didn’t think it would be so heart wrenching!

My poor middle child – only 27 months – is making me sick. For the past week – she has been having these 20 minute zombie spells. She doesn’t want to eat – or drink – just sits and stares – almost like she is on the verge of tears. The daycare called me one day and said that if I had time to stop down. I went – she wouldn’t eat her lunch, refused to drink (she is my guzzler!) I walked in and she wouldn’t even look at me. I picked her up and she was almost lifeless. It took about 20 minutes for her to snap out of it and she was fine. We had lunch, hung out for my break – and she was good.

The next morning – I heard her at 6am – she was in the fetal position in the middle of her floor just whimpering. I have no idea how long she was like that. She can’t talk – so she couldn’t communicate what was wrong. 20 minutes – she was fine.

This has been going on for a few days. I was sick over it with worry. I finally called the Dr. They said there is a virus going around – and this could be attributed to that. I don’t know though. If it keeps up – I will take her in on Monday.

With all that being said – does the worry ever end? I look at my kids often and am overcome with the joy they have brought to my life. But times like this I look into the future – and can only see the worrying continue. As I talk to my mom – I realize – even when they are grown and out of the house – you never stop being a mother – and I guess worry is part of the job description. I guess if I didn’t worry that would not be normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment