Monday, April 19, 2010

A new day

So yesterday I told my mom - can we work together - I need motivation. And - it worked. We told each other - randomly let's text throughout the day - to motivate us to "unclutter" our lives. So when I got out of bed there was a friendly text saying "Set the timer for 15 minutes - sweep and mop your kitchen floor". So - set the timer. Guess what - the timer went off - and I mopped the last spot on my floor - clean floor.

I sent her a text - throw out 5 things.

I get one - find a hot spot - declutter for 15 minutes. Ahhh - I went right for my tupperware cupboard and mixing bowls - I threw out a garbage bag full of stuff that doesn't fit together. Ahhhh - feels good.

Set the timer for 15 minutes - you will be amazed at what you can do. We learned this from www.flylady.com It is a wonderful website - highly recommend it!

For now - I am going to shine my sink - and play with my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment